- Household contents with a sum insured of up to R250 000 requires burglar bars on all opening windows and security gates on all external doors.
- Household contents with a sum insured of R350 000 and above requires a working alarm linked to security company back up. Alarms should be tested on a regular basis
- The sum insured of household contents should be adjusted to avoid under insurance. Ideally this should be done at least once a year. Remember that the replacement method is new for old and the sum insured should be adequate to accommodate this.
- Help your clients by reminding them to keep up to date :
- Current valuation certificates of jewellery and photographs assist to prove ownership
- Proof of ownership for more expensive items
- Photos of valuable items are helpful in the event of a claim
- Documentation that will be required in the event of a claim
The Following documents/items will be required when submitting your claim:
- If applicable, the SAPS case number and the name of the station where the incident was reported.
- Proof of ownership of stolen items
- In the case of spectacles/contact lenses we will require a letter stating that there is no cover from or claim against your medical aid.
- If your cell phone has been stolen we will require the blacklist documents
- In the case of damage caused by lightning or electricity surge we will require confirmation of any lightning protection/Uninterruptible Power Supply devices.
- If your cover is subject to a burglar alarm system we will require an activation and response report from the security company.
- Quotations to replace items.
- Damaged items must be forwarded to ONE | SURE as salvage
Please note: that should you fax or email the documents to us, we will still require the original documentation before a claim can be finalised.
Remember any salvage belongs to ONE, once the claim has been settled.
Personal liability and personal accident claims Call ONE Claims Center for assistance.